Saturday, June 30, 2012

some polka dots i spotted...


I've always loved pretty prints. On notebooks and on wrapping paper. On clothes too, but I have to admit that not all pretty prints look good when worn lest you want to look like upholstery. On pillows like the Bungalow 300 ones that Trisha of Playtime Break posted about here and on bed linens (baby or otherwise)  like Trisha's Dwell Studio picks here. But after watching this video, I found another item in my house I'd like to have pretty prints on: tea towels!

I never knew what tea towels were until I saw the video of 12 ways to use a tea towel. I'm not even sure what their original use is, but I love all these uses. First up is a place to drip-dry cups & glasses.


Use #2: a cushion for food preparation.



Use #3: a towel to wipe newly-washed dishes & glasses dry.



Use #4: as a pot (-er, kettle) holder.



Use #5: as a vegetable crisper. Except this use is lost on me since I am so undomesticated.




Use #6: not sure if this is technically a usage option. Though I have to say, I find this bunch of printed tea towels so pretty, I might store some like this just to prettify my kitchen!



Use #7: as a placemat.


Use #8: as a pretty way to serve bread.



Use #9: as an apron.


Use #10: as a gift wrapper.



Use #11: as a gift.



Use #12: as an environmental way to dry your hands.



Polka dots or not, I looove these studiopatro tea towels in pretty prints! If only Bungalow 300 and Dwell Studio made tea towels...

Photos are from screencaps of the video.

Click here for previous posts from the Some Polka Dots I Spotted... series.

No comments:

Post a Comment